Saturday, October 8, 2011

The New Backpack: REI's Lookout 40 Pack

REI's Lookout 40 Pack
Last week I found myself out of town and in need of a strong, multipurpose backpack for both running around the city of Boston (using it as much as a "Go Bag" as anything else) as well as for a little "R&R" wandering about and doing some light hiking in the various parks and nature areas around greater Boston.  I wandered to the local REI here in town and after a bit of hunting around I settled for REI's Lookout 40 Pack.  

I have to say I am very impressed.  It has a large and easily accessible main compartment, a just-as-easy to access smaller external pocket plus an internal sleeve for me to slip in a water pack (which is sold separately).

But what impressed me the most is the egg-crate backing along with the shoulder straps.  As just another guy with a lousy back, it is important to me to have a comfortable, balanced backpack. This fits the bill perfectly.  Overall, it is a rugged but attractive and comfortable bag.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment