Saturday, May 29, 2010

Where to Fly Fish?

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/fishing/regional/fishresources/coldwater.html#rainbow
If you are wondering where to fly fish, I have found there are lots of places to go fly fishing just about wherever you may live. But I have to admit I also like to think and dream big. A couple of years ago, I was wandering around a used book store (a habit I can't seem to break) and came across Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die by Chris Santella (Stewart,Tabori and Chang,2004).

It is a wonderful book written by some of the best guides in the world describing their favorite places to cast the magic flies. A fun read, a great addition to the coffee table and most of all, a wonderful way to engage friends and family in the joys of travel and fly fishing. And this August I am going to my first spot in the book! One down, 49 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment