Saturday, November 30, 2013

Great (and New!) Hunt in Remington, Virginia...

In the wake of yesterday's less than productive - but nonetheless great fun - family duck and goose hunt yesterday, I joined some old friends (and a new one) at Shady Grove Hunt Preserve in Remington, Virginia today.




Having never even heard of Shady Grove Shady Grove Hunting Preservebefore, I was happily surprised. Yes, the pheasant were planted as were the grouse. But they flew high and hard. And we had a huge swath of field to ourselves. And only a little over and hour Having never even heard of Shady Grove before, I was happily surprised.



I ended up with a pheasant and grouse - both of which were very quickly butchered by the staff and ready for me to take home by the time we finished up the hunt. Quite impressive.




I'm looking forward to going back very soon - hopefully over the Christmas holiday. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a quick and easy pheasant, grouse, or quail hunt. And there are ducks - and a lot of them - the the Shady Grove property. Maybe that's the place to go for those elusive little monsters!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment